Many people skip breakfast in the morning. They blame it on the fact that they are either not hungry, or just simply don’t have the time. Did you know that eating a healthy breakfast will actually help control your weight? In theory, it is believed that when you eat a healthy breakfast, it will reduce your hunger all day long. When you’re not as hungry, you will probably make better food choices during your other meals! SO, the real question is, how do you make it delicious? We’ve got you covered!
1. High Protein Pancakes:
¼ Cup of Raw Oats, ½ Cup of Egg Whites , ½ Scoop of Protein Powder, ¼ Cup of Cottage Cheese
- All you will need to do is mix all of the ingredients together and pour over a hot griddle like you would with pancakes.
- Wait until the edges start browning and then flip!
- Try serving with a tablespoon of natural peanut butter or even top them with almonds for an extra flavor boost!
2. 4 Egg Omelet with Feta and Zucchini
4 Eggs 2 Egg Whites , ½ Cup of Grated Zucchini , 1/3 Cup of Chopped Onion, 3 Tablespoons of Water , 1 Tablespoon of Crumbled Feta Cheese , 2 Tablespoons of Minced Parsley, ¾ Teaspoon of Olive Oil, ¼ Teaspoon of Salt, ¼ Teaspoon of Pepper
- To begin, you will want to precook your zucchini for about 2 minutes in a hot, heated pan. Once cooked, take it out and place to the side.
- Then, add the eggs to the skillet and cook until the edges begin to set. Once the middle is set, you will want to season with the salt and pepper and spoon the zucchini into the center and finally top with feta cheese before you fold your omelet in half.
3. Spinach Banana Waffles
2 Eggs, 1 Medium Banana , ½ Cup of Oats , 1 ½ Cup of Spinach , Dash of Cinnamon and Vanilla
- First, you will want to stick all of the ingredients from above in a blender and blend until it is well combined.
- All you will need to do next is pour your batter into a heated waffle iron and cook!
- For an extra flavor boost, try topping your waffles with fruit, syrup, or Greek yogurt!
4. Blueberry Protein Smoothie
1 Cup of Plain Greek Yogurt , 1 Cup of Frozen Blueberries , 1 Tablespoon of Hemp Seeds , 1 Scoop of Protein Powder , 1/3 Cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk , ¼ Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- Smoothies are a fantastic breakfast if you are always on the go. All you will need to do is throw the ingredients from above in a blender and blend for about a minute. If you like your shakes thinner, try adding more almond milk!
5. Lean Turkey Bowl with Eggs and Avocado
4 Egg Whites, 2 Slices of Turkey Bacon , 1 Avocado, ½ Cup of Salsa , Sea Salt and Pepper
- To begin, you will want to preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- Next, slice your avocado in half and scoop out the insides.
- Divide your egg whites and pour them inside of the avocado shells. Bake these for 15-20 minutes.
- As these bake, cook your turkey bacon according to their directions.
- Finally, take the egg and avocado out of the oven, top with your turkey bacon, and you are all set! Serve with salsa if you want an extra flavor boost!
Luckily for you, these are all simple ingredients to buy! Why skip out on breakfast when it can do so much to help keep you in shape? Just because it is cold, doesn’t mean you get to pack on the pounds when you are hiding under big clothes. Stay fit, stay committed, eat the breakfast of a champion!